HP + Emulex + HP-UX: Best-In-Class Solutions
Emulex and HP have been strategic partners for many years and support integrated solutions for mission-critical customers. Our combined partnership and solutions address a customer’s mission-critical and performance challenges by enabling the most efficient infrastructure, applications, services, and business processes. Our high-availability products help organizations mitigate risk while reducing the total cost of ownership, simplifying IT management complexity, and rapidly implementing solutions that provide a competitive advantage. Emulex HBAs and HP HBAs using Emulex connectivity technology provide unparalleled mission critical reliability, data integrity and performance.
HP-UX 11i v3 Update 3, coupled with HBA solutions using Emulex connectivity technology, reduce a customer’s risk while offering much greater performance and enhanced protection in the areas of high availability, reliability, disaster tolerance and data security.
Key customer benefits using the best-in-class solutions include:
- Multifunction HBAs (Fibre Channel and Ethernet) are supported with HP-UX 11i v3
- Efficient use of PCI Express slots + Optimal performance
- I/O-related CPU efficiency—up 60% and twice the I/O bandwidth
- Superior performance for applications running on HP-UX 11i v3 Update 3
- Up to 50% better performance for Oracle applications on all HP Integrity servers.
- Up to 25% improved performance for SAP on mid-range servers and above.
- Up to 10% greater performance for anything running in Virtual Partitions(vPars)
- 10% greater energy cost savings .
- 90% reduction in the time it takes to respond to security bulletins
- Shorten troubleshooting problem resolution from weeks to days with ktracer, HP’s kernel tracer for HP-UX 11i v3
Additional information on HP-UX 11i v3-> Learn more
Briefs and Papers
- HP-UX 11i v3 performance further increases your productivity for improved IT business value
- AD221A, AD22A, and AD393A PCIe 4Gb Fibre Channel and Gigabit Ethernet Combination Card Overview
- Performance and Recommended Use of AD222A, AD393A, AD221A Combination 4-Gbit/s Fibre Channel / Gigabit Ethernet Cards
- AD299A/AD355A data sheet
- AD221A/AD222A/AD393A data sheet