Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) storage has typically been viewed as the “low-cost” SAN option - good for small and medium sized businesses or branch-office deployments. That profile is changing. 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) adapters have resolved bandwidth limitations that exist with the current generation of 1Gb NICs and iSCSI HBAs. Data Center Bridging and network convergence will improve latency and provide the tools to optimize bandwidth for network and storage traffic.
Emulex OneConnect™ 10GbE adapters are leading the way for next-generation iSCSI connectivity with:
- Industry-leading 10GbE performance
- Full iSCSI protocol offload to optimize server efficiency
- iSCSI over Data Center Bridging
- Universal Multi-Channel
- Higher server virtualization ratios
- Pay-as-you-grow upgrade options
- Single management console for NIC, iSCSI and FCoE functions
- PCI Express, blade server and LOM adapters
- Support with leading iSCSI storage vendors
If you’re looking to implement a fully optimized iSCSI storage solution, we invite you to learn more about Emulex OneConnect iSCSI adapters.