- The host system interface of XE201 consists of an eight-lane (x8) PCI Express PCIe 2.0 bus (backward compatibility to to PCIe 1.0 supported)
- Current ANSI/IETF Standards: FC-PI-4; FC-PI-5; FC-FS-2 with amendment 1; FC-AL-2 with amendments 1 and 2; FC-LS-2; FC-GS-6; FC-DA; FC-SP-2; FCP-4; FC-MJS; FC-SB-4; FC-SP; SPC-4; SBC-3; SSC-3; RFC4338
- Legacy ANSI/IETF standards: FC-PH; FC-PH-2; FC-PH-3; FC-PI; FC-PI-2; FC-FS; FC-AL; FC-GS-2/3/4/5; FCP; FCP-2; FC-SB-2; FC-FLA; FC-HBA; FC-PLDA; FC-TAPE; FC-MI; SPC-3; SBC-2; SSC-2; RFC2625
- PCIe base spec 2.0
- PCIe card electromechanical spec 2.0
- Fibre Channel class 2 and 3
- PHP hot plug-hot swap
- Single-channel (LPe16000) or dual-channel (LPe16002)
- Supports 16GFC, 8Gb FC and 4Gb FC link speeds, automatically negotiated
- Supports up to 2 FC ports at 16Gb FC max (dual-port model)
- Integrated data buffer and code space memory
Comprehensive OS Support
- VMware ESX/ESXi
- Additional support is available from OEMs and partners
- View OS versions and available drivers
- PowerPC, SPARC, x86, x64 and Intel Itanium 64-bit processor family
- Data rates: 14.025 Gb/s (1600Mb/s); 8.5 Gb/s
(800Mb/s); 4.25 Gb/s (400 Mb/s) (auto-detected)
- Optics: Short wave lasers with LC type connector
- Cable: Operating at 16Gb
- 15m at 16Gb on 62.5/125 μm OM1 MMF
- 35m at 16Gb on 50/125 μm OM2 MMF
- 100m at 16Gb on 50/125 μm OM3 MMF
- 125m at 16Gb on 50/125 μm OM4 MMF
- Short, low profile MD2 form factor card
- 167.64mm x 68.91mm (6.60” x 2.71”)
- Standard bracket (low profile available)
Power & Environmental Requirements
- Power supply 1.8V, 1.2V, 0.9V
- Volts: +3.3, +12
- Operating temperature: 0° to 55° C (32° to 131° F)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 70° C (-40° to 158° F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- 23° C wet bulb
Agency and Safety Approvals
- FCC Part 15, Subpart B, Class A (U.S.)
- ICES-003 Class A (Canada)
- VCCI Class A (Japan)
- CE Mark (EU), consisting of:
- EN55022:2006 +A1, Class A
- C-Tick (Australia)
- AS/NZS CISPR22:2006 Class A
- CISPR 22:2005+A1 (International)
- KCC (formally MIC), Class A with latest RRL notices (Korea)
- BSMI Class A (Taiwan)
- UL 60950-1:2001 (cURus – U.S.)
- CSA 22.2 No 60950-1-03 (cURus - Canada)
- TUV Bauart certified to EN60950-1:2001
- CB Report and Certificate to IEC 60950-1:2001 (International)
- Dimethyl Fumarate (DMF) restrictions in packaging, ref. EU Decision 2010/251/EC:
- EU RoHS Compliant (Directive 2002/95/EC)
- China RoHS Compliant
- 1Port 16GFC Short Wave Optical – LC SFP+
- 2 Ports 16GFC Short Wave Optical – LC SFP+
- Doubling the maximum Fibre Channel link rate from 8Gb to 16Gb and enhanced virtualization capabilities help support IT “green” initiatives.
- Frame-level Multiplexing and out-of-order frame reassembly increases link efficiency and maximizes HBA performance.
Data Protection Features
- End-to-end data protection with hardware parity, CRC, ECC and other advanced error checking and correcting algorithms ensure data is safe from corruption.
- Enhanced silent data corruption protection provided by T10 Protection Information (T10 PI). T10 PI provides additional protection against corruption in Oracle Unbreakable Linux environments.
Deployment and Management Features
- Universal boot capability, allows the appropriate boot environment to be automatically selected for any given hardware.
- Boot from SAN capability reduces system management costs and increases uptime.
- Detailed, real-time event logging and tracing enables quick diagnosis of SAN problems.
- Beaconing feature flashes the HBA LEDs, simplifying their identification within server racks.
- Environmental monitoring feature helps optimize SAN availability.
- The Emulex AutoPilot Installer automates the HBA installation process and significantly reduces time to deployment and administrative costs. Automated installation and configuration of driver and management tools simplifies deployment of multiple adapters within Windows environments. A single installation of driver and management application, eliminates multiple reboots and ensures that each component is installed correctly and the HBA is ready to use.
- The Emulex OneCommand® Manager application enables centralized discovery, monitoring, reporting, and administration of Emulex HBAs and UCNAs on local and remote hosts. Powerful automation capabilities facilitate remote driver parameter, firmware and boot code upgrades.
- Advanced diagnostic features, such as adapter port beaconing and adapter statistics, help optimize management and network performance, while the environmental monitoring feature helps to maintain optimum host-to-fabric connections. In addition to the GUI interface, management functions can also be performed via a scriptable Command Line Interface (CLI) as well as a web browser. Within-band and out-of-band management capabilities, Emulex provides data center administrators with the greatest level of management flexibility.
- Emulex’s management instrumentation complies to Open Management Standards, such as SMI-S and common HBA API support, which enables seamless upward integration into enterprise storage and server management solutions.