Streamlined installation and management, unrivaled scalability and industry-leading virtualization support make the Emulex LightPulse LPe1205-HI (Hitachi part number GGX-CC9M4G2X1) dual-channel mezzanine card an ideal solution for the Hitachi BladeSymphony 320 blade server platform.
With powerful installation and management tools, the LPe1205-HI delivers maximum performance in the broadest range of applications and environments. The highly integrated single-chip design of LightPulse Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) minimizes onboard components, while advanced error-checking methods assure robust data integrity. The Emulex firmware based architecture enables feature and performance upgrades without costly hardware changes. The unique Service Level Interface (SLI™) allows use of a common driver across all models of Emulex HBAs. Installation and management applications are designed to minimize reboots and further simplify deployment.
- Support for Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X), improves host utilization and enhances application performance
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)
- Simplified installation and configuration using common HBA drivers and automated installation utilities
- Efficient centralized administration of Emulex adapters anywhere in the SAN via powerful management applications
- Consolidates the number of adapters required in the Unified Computing System and helps lower capital and operational expenses (CapEx and OpEx)
- Common driver model ensures that one driver supports all generations of Emulex HBAs on a given operating system (OS) platform
- Easy deployment of new firmware with minimal server reboots
- Support for industry-standard Fibre Channel Security Protocol (FC-SP), enabling server-to-fabric authentication across the SAN
- Superior quality and reliability ensure data availability
- Highly efficient installation accelerates deployment and reduces administration costs
- Maximum Storage Area Network (SAN) performance increases scalability and user satisfaction in large enterprise installations
- Robust interoperability simplifies deployment and upgrades of SAN hardware and software
- Provides efficient host utilization and compliance with SAN management best practices
- Supports IT server consolidation and energy conservation initiatives