The PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 LPe16000 Gen 5 Fibre Channel (16GFC/8GFC/4GFC) Host Bus Adapter (HBA) provides outstanding input/output operations per second (IOPS) performance, plus lightning fast response times and 3x better IOPS performance per watt making it the clear choice for the toughest virtualized, cloud and mission critical deployments. With almost 1 million IOPS on a single port, it is ideally suited for FC connectivity to solid state disks (SSDs) and new multi-core processors. Its advanced management functionality can shave days off installing and managing adapters. The LightPulse® single-port LPe16000 and dual-port LPe16002 feature the Emulex bullet-proof driver-stack, backward compatibility to 4GFC and 8GFC HBAs and rock solid reliability with a heritage that spans back to the first generation of Fibre Channel to today’s Gen 5 HBAs. Emulex is trusted by data centers the world-over, with more than 12 million HBA ports shipped and installed to date.
Proven Design, Architecture and Interface
Advanced error-checking features ensure the integrity of block data as it traverses the storage area network (SAN). Emulex’s firmware-based architecture enables feature and performance upgrades without costly hardware changes. The unique 4th Generation Service Level Interface (SLI™) allows use of a common driver across all models of Emulex HBAs on a given operating system (OS) platform. Installation and management facilities are designed to minimize server reboots and further simplify deployment.
Powerful Management Software for Maximum Data Center Efficiency
The Emulex OneCommand® Manager enterprise class management application features a multiprotocol, cross-platform architecture that provides centralized management of all adapters provided by Emulex. This enables IT administrators to manage network connectivity with one tool for maximum efficiency. OneCommand Manager also features:
- OneCommand® Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter Server—enables comprehensive control of Fibre Channel HBAs and network (FCoE, iSCSI and TCP/IP NIC) connectivity solutions provided by Emulex from VMware’s vCenter Server management console. Emulex OneCommand Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter Server supports both the new VMware vSphere 5.1 Web Client and the VMware vCenter Server desktop client with an identical feature set regardless of the client.
- Improves IT staff productivity through simplified deployment and management
- Reduces the number of cards, cables and PCIe slots required
- Exceptional performance per watt and price/performance ratios
- Integrates seamlessly into existing SANs
- Allows application of SAN best practices, tools and processes with virtual server deployments
- Assures data availability and data integrity
- vScale™ performance and scalability—multi-core ASIC engine with eight cores supports 255 virtual functions (VFs), 1024 Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X) and 8192 logins/open exchanges for maximum virtual machine (VM) density—up to 4x more than other adapters
- 2x management functionality, and takes half the time to manage with OneCommand Manager
- GreenState™ power efficiency—reduces data center power consumption and associated OPEX by delivering up to 3x better IOPS performance/watt
- BlockGuard® data integrity—enables end-to-end protection against silent data corruption
- vEngine™ CPU offload—lowers CPU burden on host server, enabling support for more VMs
- Rock-solid reliability and thermal characteristics, essential for mission-critical, cloud and virtualized applications
- Support for MSI-X, improves host utilization and enhances application performance
- Support for Gen 5 16GFC, 8GFC and 4GFC devices
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Windows virtual HBAs
- Secure management with role-based administration integrated with Light Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Active Directory (AD) services
- Common driver model, allows a single driver to support all Emulex HBAs on a given OS