Drivers, Software and Documentation
- Data Sheet
- Demartek Report: Emulex 16GFC Outperforms QLogic 16GFC
- Solution Brief: SAN Solution with 16GFC and Fusion-io
- ESG Lab Validation Report: Emulex LPe16000 Series 16GFC HBAs
- ESG Product Brief: LPe16000B
- Demartek LPe16000B Evaluation Report
- Accelerating the Transition to 16GFC Storage
- Comparison table-LPe16000B vs. QLogic
- Emulex LPe16000B vs. QLogic QLE2600 HBAs
- LightPulse® LPe16000 vs Brocade 1860 16GFC adapter - Competitive Brief
The PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 LPe16000B 16Gb Fibre Channel (16GFC) Host Bus Adapter (HBA) provides outstanding input/output operations per second (IOPS) performance—20% more than other 16GFC HBAs, plus lightning fast response times and 4x better IOPS performance per watt making it the clear choice for the toughest virtualized, cloud and mission critical deployments. With almost 1.2 million IOPS, it is ideally suited for FC connectivity to solid state disks (SSDs) and new multi-core processors. Its advanced management functionality can shave days off installing and managing adapters. The LightPulse® single-port LPe16000B feature the Emulex bullet-proof driver-stack, backward compatibility to 4GFC and 8GFC HBAs and rock-solid reliability with a heritage that spans back to the first generation of Fibre Channel to today’s 16GFC HBAs. Emulex is trusted by data centers the world-over, with more than 12 million HBA ports shipped and installed to date.
Proven Design, Architecture and Interface
The Emulex LightPulse highly integrated multi-processor design minimizes onboard components to improve host performance and efficiency. Advanced error-checking features ensure the integrity of block data as it traverses the storage area network (SAN). Emulex’s firmware based architecture enables feature and performance upgrades without costly hardware changes.
The unique 4th Generation Service Level Interface (SLI™) allows use of a common driver across all models of Emulex HBAs on a given operating system (OS) platform. Installation and management facilities are designed to minimize server reboots and further simplify deployment.
Powerful Management Software for Maximum Data Center Efficiency
The Emulex OneCommand® Manager enterprise-class management application features a multi-protocol, cross-platform architecture, that provides centralized management of all adapters provided by Emulex. This enables IT administrators to manage network connectivity with one tool for maximum efficiency.
The LPe16000B also features:
- OneCommand® Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter Server—enables comprehensive control of Fibre Channel HBAs and network (FCoE, iSCSI and TCP/IP NIC) connectivity solutions provided by Emulex from VMware’s vCenter Server management console.