Unparalleled manageability, reliability, performance and ease of deployment
Streamlined installation and management, unrivaled scalability and industry-leading virtualization support make the dual-channel Emulex LightPulse LPe12002 Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter (HBA) an ideal solution for enterprise, mixed-operating system (OS) and virtual server environments. With powerful management capabilities and broad platform support, they deliver maximum performance in the broadest range of applications and environments.
Proven design, architecture and interface
Emulex LightPulse HBAs' highly integrated processor design minimized onboard components to improve host performance and efficiency. Advanced error-checking features ensure the integrity of block data as it traverses the Storage Area Network (SAN). Emulex's firmware-based architecture enables feature and performance upgrades without costly hardware changes. The unique Service Level Interface (SLI™) allows use of a common driver across all models of Emulex HBAs on a given OS platform. Installation and management facilities are designed to minimize server reboots and further simplify deployment.
- PCIe 2.0 bus-compliant, with PCIe 1.0 backward compatibility supported
- Support for Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X), improves host utilization & enhances application performance
- Support for 8Gb/s, 4Gb/s and 2Gb/s Fibre Channel devices
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Virtual Fabric
- Host-to-Fabric FC-SP authentication
- BlockGuard®-ready - ensures end-to-end data integrity
- Common driver model allows a single driver to support all Emulex HBAs on a given OS
- Easy deployment of new firmware with minimal server reboots
- Efficient centralized administration of Emulex HBAs via powerful management tools
- Provides superior performance for the enterprise
- Integrates seamlessly into existing SANs
- Supports IT server consolidation and energy conservation initiatives
- Allows application of SAN best practices, tools and processes with virtual server deployments
- Assures data availability and data integrity
- Improves IT staff productivity through simplified deployment and management
- Doubling the maximum Fibre Channel link rate from 4Gb/s to 8Gb/s and enhanced virtualization capabilities help support IT "Green" initiatives
- Frame-level multiplexing and out-of-order frame reassembly increases link efficiency and maximizes HBA performance.
Data Protection Features
- End-to-end data protection with hardware parity, CRC, ECC and other advanced error-checking and correcting algorithms ensure data is safe from corruption.
- BlockGuard®-ready - Only Emulex HBAs provide end-to-end data integrity with support of the T10 Protection Information (T10-PI) standard to prevent silent data corruption and help ensure the integrity of user data as it is transferred from the application to the SAN.
Deployment and Management Features
- Universal boot capability allows the appropriate boot environment to be automatically selected for any given hardware.
- Boot-from-SAN capability reduces system management costs and increases uptime.
- Detailed real-time event logging and tracing enables quick diagnosis of SAN problems.
- Beaconing feature flashes the HBA LEDs, simplifying their identification within server racks.
- Environmental monitoring feature helps to optimize SAN availability.