One Product, One SKU, Multiple I/O Connectivity Options
In a market landscape that has more I/O options to choose from than ever before, the XE201 PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O controller provides best-of breed Fibre Channel connectivity, along with Ethernet and multiple protocols, providing unique connectivity combinations on a single ASIC.
The XE201 delivers the industry’s first native 16Gb Fibre Channel (16GFC) and 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) product that enables you to choose a combination of up to four ports of native 8GFC and 16GFC, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), iSCSI, RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), 10GbE and 40GbE for the ultimate in design flexibility. The XE201 delivers a low-power, single-chip solution that may be incorporated into industry-standard PCI Express expansion cards, custom format mezzanine cards, special-purpose storage target controllers, daughter cards or integrated directly into a system motherboard (e.g., LOM).
Breakthrough Scalability Powers More Virtual Machines, More Workload
With its unique eight processor core architecture, the XE201 takes convergence and scalability to a new level, supporting ever expanding virtualization and cloud initiatives. The XE201 implements in hardware what was previously designed into firmware to deliver optimum performance. The controller design took a holistic system approach with Emulex vEngine™ technology, offloading more I/O onto the XE201 ASIC, thereby lowering the CPU burden on the host server. In terms of scalability, the XE201 supports up to 255 Virtual Functions (VFs),* 1024 Message Signal Interrupts (MSI-X), 8192 concurrent logins and open exchanges for Fibre Channel and FCoE, and 2048 queue pairs for Ethernet. Emulex vScale™ dynamic resource pooling enables unmatched workload scalability across protocols.
- Attain the ultimate in connectivity flexibility with multi-network protocol options— Fibre Channel, FCoE, iSCSI, RoCE and Ethernet connectivity
- Achieve extreme performance for Fibre Channel with over 1.2 Million Input/Output Operations per Second (IOPS), as well as dramatic improvements in application response times, plus MSI-X support, enabling multi-threaded interrupt support for multicore servers
- PCIe 3.0 bus interface provides increased performance to match the capabilities of PCIe 3.0 capable servers
- Unique quad-port density and high-availability combo configurations
- Advanced data integrity protects against silent data corruption
- Lower overall capital expense (CapEx) and operational expense (OpEx) costs by 50% through support of new network convergence strategies
- Meet slot and board real estate constraints with feature-rich multi-fabric Fibre Channel and Ethernet support
- Differentiate in virtualization and cloud markets with support for leading-edge virtualization features, such as support for NPIV, SR-IOV, VMQ, Netqueue and the ability to assign quality of service (QoS) at the virtual machine (VM) level
* Represents the underlying functionality of the Emulex I/O Controller. It does not guarantee feature enablement through firmware and drivers. Please contact your Emulex sales representative for details on your particular feature requirements.