- Add a copyright notice and legal credit lines to the end of all Emulex communications. This notice safeguards Emulex legal right to protect its communications and trademarks from infringement. Creating credit lines is not difficult, since they follow a standard format
- Add the copyright statement, which is always the same except for the year:
© 2013 Emulex, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use one space after the © symbol, and note capitalization.
- Add legal credit lines listing trademarks used within your document. The Emulex Standard credit line in as follows:
© 2013 Emulex, Inc. All rights reserved. This document refers to various companies and products by their trade names. In most, if not all cases, their respective companies claim these designations as trademarks or registered trademarks. This information is provided for reference only. Although this information is believed to be accurate and reliable at the time of publication, Emulex assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Emulex reserves the right to make changes or corrections without notice. This document is the property of Emulex and may not be duplicated without permission from the Company.
- The word “Emulex”. The word “Emulex” may be used both as a trademark of goods and services and also as a trade name when referring to corporate identification. Trademarks are designated by a “™” or ® symbol. Trade names take no such symbol.
- “Emulex" takes an initial capital letter in text and copy. It can appear in all capital letters in a headline when the other words are also all in capital letters.
Correct Usage: Emulex Corporation
Improper Usage: Emulex® Corporation
- “EMULEX” Mark Usage in Text:
- Use the appropriate trademark attribution (™ or ® ) at least once per page in each document for each trademark. Include the appropriate trademark attribution (™ or ®) at the first use of the word in headline or body copy.
- Trademarks are used as adjectives and adverbs. Do not use trademarks as nouns, verbs, or in the possessive.
Correct Usage: Emulex® host bus adapters are superior. Use the AutoPilot Installer™ software to initialize the system. LightPulse® adapters are compatible with legacy software.
Improper Usage: Emulex’s products are superior. Use InSpeed to obtain faster performance. MultiPulse supports existing user interfaces.
- Emulex Corporation reserves the right to govern proper use of its company name and trademarks, including the right to restrict usage.