The Sun StorageTek™ Dual 4Gb/s Fibre Channel Dual GbE ExpressModule Host Bus Adapter(ExpressModule HBA), is ideal for Sun Blade™ 8000 and 6000 customers who require enterprise-level 4Gb/s Fibre Channel connectivity and high bandwidth Gigabit Ethernet performance in a compact, cost-effect design.
This ExpressModule HBA addresses server virtulization and provides the flexible functionality and high performance required for today’s storage area networks (SANs) and traditional networking (LANs) implementations.
- Dual-channel 4Gb/s Fibre Channel connectivity
- Dual-port Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, based on the Intel 82571 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Exceptional Fibre Channel performance and full-duplex data throughput
- Provides flexible I/O connectivity to the Sun Blade 6000 and 8000 Modular Systems
- Comprehensive HBA virtualization capabilities based on the N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) standard
- Centralized management of Emulex Fibre Channel HBA with a SAN via HBAnyware
- Common driver model eases management and enables upgrades independent of HBA firmware
- Combined Fibre Channel and Ethernet ExpressModule HBA provides superior performance and enhances slot utilization for virtualized server environments
- Remote I/O provides installation and removal without tools and without disruption to ongoing blade server activity
- Superior quality and reliability ensures data availability
- Highly efficient installation streamlines deployment and reduces administration costs
- Broad interoperability simplifies deployment and upgrades of SAN hardware and software