The Emulex® LightPulse® LP1050 delivers on Emulex’s history of excellence in performance, reliability, and manageability. The LP1050 is a high performance, single-channel PCI-X Fibre Channel HBA that’s ideally suited for large or mixed operating system Storage Area Network (SAN) environments. With renowned driver support for popular operating systems, the LightPulse LP1050 can be effectively applied within a broad range of storage networking solutions.
Emulex is the most trusted name in storage networking connectivity. That’s because each and every Emulex LightPulse HBA leverages generations of advanced, field-proven technologies to deliver a distinctive set of benefits that the world’s largest enterprises have come to rely on. From their unique firmware upgradeable architecture, to their common driver model, Emulex HBAs are simply "Generations Ahead" of competing solutions.
SUPERIOR QUALITY AND RELIABILITY— Emulex HBAs deliver industry leading reliability levels by utilizing a field-proven, single-chip design that minimizes components. Emulex HBAs also use a combination of parity, CRC, ECC and other advanced error checking methods to verify the integrity of data blocks, which are passed from the host interface through the HBA.
EFFICIENT INSTALLATION AND MANAGEMENT— Emulex management tools automate installation and provide local and remote HBA configuration and management. Emulex’s unique Service Level Interface (SLI) architecture allows complete independence of device drivers from HBA hardware and firmware. That means no reboots during most configuration changes and no need for OS specific firmware. A single driver model simplifies management across multiple generations of HBAs. In addition, Emulex HBAs have a firmware-based architecture that enables feature and performance upgrades without costly hardware changes, for long-term investment protection and seamless backward compatibility.
MAXIMUM SAN PERFORMANCE— Emulex HBAs deliver maximum performance levels in real-world application environments, with superior full-duplex data throughput and I/Os per second. And Emulex’s exclusive Dynamic Frame Multiplexing ensures consistently superior performance in mixed load environments such as disk and tape back-up applications.
FAST DIAGNOSIS AND RECOVERY— Comprehensive diagnostic functions, coupled with detailed event logging and tracing, provide for fast, efficient SAN troubleshooting.
BROAD ENTERPRISE DEPLOYMENT— With a large installed base of Fibre Channel HBAs, Emulex is trusted by the world’s largest, mission critical enterprises. Long-standing partnerships with leading storage vendors ensure unparalleled compatibility levels.
- 2Gb/s Fibre Channel link with auto speed negotiation with 1Gb/s Fibre Channel SANs
- Single Fibre Channel port
- PCI-X 133 MHz bus
- Superior Performance
- Full duplex 2Gb/s bandwidth per port
- Capable of sustaining up to 70,000 I/Os per second
- Frame level multiplexing and out of order frame reassembly
- On-board hardware context cache for superior fabric support and high transaction performance
- End-to-end data protection with hardware parity and CRC support
- Emulex OneCommand™ Manager provides centralized, in-depth management of HBAs/CNAs anywhere in the SAN
- Enterprise AutoPilot Installer™ simplifies and accelerates the HBA/CNA installation process
- Firmware-based architecture enables HBAs to be updated with new features & functionality, maintaining investment value
- Hardware independent drivers ease management & allow driver upgrade independently of HBA firmware
- SMI-S and common HBA API support enable seamless upward integration into enterprise storage and server management solutions
- Universal boot provides multi-platform support for remote SAN boot, offering enhanced server management and reduced system costs
- Detailed, real-time event logging and tracing enables quick diagnosis of SAN problems
- RoHS Compliant (Directive 2002/95/EC)