Emulex adapters are supported on a wide range of operating systems, hypervisors and other environments. The Emulex common driver model ensures that the same drivers run across all generations of Emulex Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) and Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) for a particular operating environment. The single-driver model preserves IT investment by extending the product life of Emulex adapters, as well as simplifying server administration.
Emulex drivers offer superior performance with:
- Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X) support, enhancing performance of multi-processor, multi-core and multi-socket systems implementing Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA)
- Dynamic interrupt coalescing optimizes I/O interrupt management for both heavy and light traffic
- Frame-level multiplexing and out-of-order frame reassembly reordering data frames in the proper sequence to minimize retransmissions
- Extensive buffer credit pool for uninterrupted link-rate performance
- Support for multiple concurrent direct media access (DMA) reads, accelerating I/O performance for high-transaction applications
Emulex firmware provides an intelligent interface between drivers and the adapter, as well as server protocol offload. New firmware releases enhance your initial investment by providing new functionality and improved performance. New firmware releases can be deployed on one adapter or throughout the network without rebooting.
Emulex LightPulse® and OneConnect™ adapters are pre-loaded with boot code. Emulex universal boot packages automatically recognize the right boot code, allowing LightPulse and OneConnect adapters to seamlessly deploy and redeploy with different server architectures without user intervention.