- ANSI Fibre Channel: FC-PI-4, FC-FS-2, FC-FS-2/AM1, FC-LS, FC-AL-2, FC-GS-6, FC-FLA, FC-PLDA, FC-TAPE, FC-DA, FCP through FCP-4, SBC-3, FC-SP, FC-HBA and SMI-S v1.1
- PCI Express base spec 2.0
- Fibre Channel class 2 and 3
- 8Gb/s, 4Gb/s or 2Gb/s FC Link speeds automatically detected
- Integrated data buffer and code space memory
Comprehensive OS Support
- Windows Server 2003/2008, Linux, VMware
- View OS versions and available drivers
- Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade server platforms
Power & Environmental Requirements
- Volts: 3.3 & 12.0VDC
- Power consumption (typ/max): 6.8W / 10W
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 65°C (32° to 149°F)
- Airflow required: 200 lf/m
- Storage temperature: -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
Deployment & Management Features
- Emulex’s feature-rich deployment and management facilities streamline and simplify HBA deployment and device management, helping to reduce administration costs and protect IT investments.
- Emulex HBAnyware management application enables secure, centralized discovery, monitoring, reporting, and administration of Emulex host bus adapters (HBAs) and converged network adapters (CNAs) on local and remote hosts. Powerful automation capabilities facilitate remote driver parameter, firmware and boot code upgrades. Advanced diagnostic features and HBA statistics help to optimize management and network performance. In addition to the GUI interface, management functions can also be performed via a scriptable Command Line Interface (CLI) as well as a web browser. With in-band and out-of-band management capabilities, Emulex provides data center administrators with the greatest level of management flexibility.
- Automated installation and configuration of driver and management tools simplifies deployment of multiple HBAs for Windows environments. A single installation of drivers and management utilities eliminates multiple reboots and ensures that each component is installed correctly and the HBA is ready to use.
- Emulex’s management instrumentation complies to Open Management Standards, such as SMI-S and common HBA API support, which enables seamless upward integration into enterprise storage and server management solutions.
- Emulex LightPulse HBA technology features Frame-level Multiplexing and out-of-order frame reassembly for maximum link utilization. End-to-end data protection with hardware parity, CRC, ECC and other advanced error checking and correcting algorithms ensure data is safe from corruption.
- Detailed real-time event logging and tracing enables quick diagnosis of SAN problems.
- Boot from SAN capability reduces system management costs and maximize network uptime.
- BlockGuard ready: ensures end-to-end data integrity
- UL recognized to UL 60950-1:2003
- CUR recognized to CSA22.2, No. 60950-1-03
- TUV certified to EN60950-1
- FCC rules, Part 15, Class A
- ICES-003, Class A
- EMC Directive 2004/108/EEC (CE Mark)
- EN55022, Class A
- Australian EMC Framework (C-Tick Mark)
- Japan VCCI, Class A
- Korea MIC, Class A
- EU RoHS Compliant (Directive 2002/95/EC)
- China RoHS compliant
- For ordering information on the Emulex-based Fibre Channel Mezzanine Card, contact your local Dell sales representative.
- Dell Order Part No. M378D
- Available as factory or field-installed options