The Emulex drivers for Solaris support the Emulex HBAs shown below. Select the appropriate driver based on operating system, architecture and HBA.
|FCoE and FC Driver||Architecture||Operating System|
|x64 and x86||Solaris 10|
|FC Driver||Architecture||Operating System|
|SPARC||Solaris 8 through Solaris 10|
Which driver should I select?
- x64 or x86 platform, or Sun-branded adapter - must use the Solaris SFS driver.
- SPARC platform and Emulex-branded adapter - can use either the Solaris SFS driver or the Solaris LPFC driver:
- The Solaris SFS driver is distributed and supported by Sun. It uses Solaris MPxIO (Traffic Manager) for multipathing.
- The Solaris LPFC driver is distributed and supported by Emulex. It uses third-party multipathing products from storage vendors.
- Both drivers support remote boot, the HBAnyware application and a wide range of adapters.
- Check with your storage vendor for supported drivers.