Streamlined installation and management, unrivaled scalability, and industry-leading virtualization support make the IBM FC3052 dual-channel adapter an ideal solution for IBM Flex Systems SAN environments. The Flex System FC3052 enables high speed access for Flex System compute nodes to an external SAN. With powerful management tools and seamless integration into IBM Director, it delivers maximum performance in the broadest range of applications and environments.
Proven Design, Architecture and Interface
LightPulse HBAs’ highly integrated single-chip design minimizes onboard components, while advanced error-checking methods assure robust data integrity. The Emulex firmware-based architecture enables feature and performance upgrades without costly hardware changes. The unique Service Level Interface (SLI™) allows use of a common driver across all models of Emulex HBAs. Installation and management applications are designed to minimize reboots and further simplify deployment.
- Support more Virtual Machines per server with better performance and lower power consumption due to CPU Off-Load capabilities
- Improved Service Level Agreements with No-Reboot Firmware
- Superior quality and reliability ensure data availability
- Highly efficient installation accelerates deployment and reduces administration costs
- Maximum SAN performance increases scalability and user satisfaction in large enterprise installations
- Robust interoperability simplifies deployment and upgrades of SAN hardware and software
- LightPulse Virtual HBA technology provides efficient host utilization and compliance with SAN management best practices
- Exceptional performance and full-duplex data throughput
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Virtual Fabric
- Simplified installation and configuration using common HBA drivers and AutoPilot Installer®
- Efficient centralized administration of Emulex HBAs via powerful management tools
- Common driver model eases management and enables upgrades independent of HBA firmware