The Dell PT-1016 Pass-Through Module (PTM) provides investment protection for data centers that are already equipped with a networking infrastructure by providing a direct connection between the servers and the SAN without worry about interoperability issues. The PTM eliminates bottlenecks between the servers and SAN by providing full-bandwidth, dedicated connections. The unmanaged design of the PTM makes integration seamless and less time consuming than switched options without the hassles and complication of reduced bandwidth, 'virtualized' interconnects. The PTM design is hot pluggable and provides for high-availability failover when deployed in pairs within the server chassis eliminating the chance of application downtime as a result of an unlikely failure of a PTM.
With nothing to configure and minimal management needed, the Dell PT-1016 is the simplest means of connecting the Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade server platform to an existing SAN. The Dell PT-1016 guarantees the highest performance with dedicated connections between each server blade and SAN switches. Interoperability issues are eliminated as the Dell PT-1016 is protocol transparent and can be used with existing infrastructure that delivers complete embedded flexibility.
- Simplicity of unmanaged design eliminates configuration hassles
- Elimination of interoperability issues with transparent, pass-through protocol
- Compact, ultra dense form factor
- 4, 2 or 1Gb/s Fibre Channel connectivity on each port
- Hot pluggable design that eliminates downtime during service actions
- Completely dedicated connection for each server blade
- Provides 4, 2 or 1Gb/s FC connectivity up to 16 Dell blade servers and a SAN fabric
- Per port dedicated connection for guaranteed bandwidth to each server port
- Highest port density available in Dell's connectivity options
- Provides uncompromising scalability to the fullest capability of the Dell chassis
- Hot-plug capability and redundancy provide true high-availability for 24x7 data center operation
- Investment protection-utilize existing SAN infrastructure with no interoperability issues