XE4310R is a single-chip, dual-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Ethernet Controller targeting enterprise applications requiring 10 Gigabit (10Gb) wire-speed performance, multi-protocol offload capabilities and advanced I/O virtualization. The XE4310R controller has two 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) interfaces that support XAUI, CX-4, KR and KX-4 physical interfaces, and an x8 PCI-Express Gen2 host bus interface. Dual 10GbE network ports can be configured as active/active or active/passive modes of operation. XE4310R also supports quad-port GbE and a mix of dual-port 10GbE and 1GbE.
The XE4310R controller is built around an array of eight programmable packet engines (PEs), plus an additional ARM9 processor. By offloading TCP/IP, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI protocol processing from the host CPU to dedicated PEs, XE4310R delivers a highly integrated, low power, high performance 10GbE solution ideal for accelerating network and storage application performance on servers and storage systems.
I/O virtualization technology is a key technology for XE4310R controllers, allowing network and storage resources to be carved up into multiple hardware-isolated and protected virtual network and virtual storage interfaces. Virtual network and virtual storage interfaces can be assigned to virtual machines (VMs) to realize near-native performance. Fine-grain Quality of Service (QoS) management features allow precise bandwidth allocation and management for individual virtual network and storage interfaces through centralized policies using industry-standard management APIs. XE4310R addresses the need for advanced enterprise class I/O virtualization with driver support for VMware ESX, Linux KVM, Xen and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors.
XE4310R controllers are a key component of the Emulex OneConnect® Universal Converged Network Adapter (UCNA) product line that provides10 GbE server connectivity for networking and storage with high performance protocol offloads for TCP/IP, TCP Chimney Offload Engine (TOE), iSCSI and FCoE.
- Dual 10Gb MAC and Dual XAUI™/10GBASE-CX4/10GBASE-KX4/10GBASE-KR interfaces
- Full hardware-based TCP/IP offload including fragmentation, reassembly and out-of-order processing to minimize host CPU utilization and maximize multi-core applications processing
- Complete FCoE offload based on ten generations of field-proven Emulex LightPulse® Fibre Channel adapters
- Complete iSCSI offload including header and data digests, supported by third generation iSCSI software
- Large on-chip buffers, assisted by innovative cache architecture, maximizes performance and reduces the number of external components and memories required
- Voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) technology for improved signal integrity and reliability
- Blade servers
- Enterprise servers
- Web Servers
- High performance clustered servers
- Network Attached Storage
- iSCSI target controllers