Storage Connectivity Options for VMware: Making an Informed Decision
Presented by Brandon Hunter, Emulex Senior Systems Engineer and former Dallas VMUG President
Server virtualization is in the process of redefining the data center, enabling higher return on server assets, unprecedented service levels, improved administration and dynamic resource allocation. Yet a purely server centric approach will fall short of delivering the full benefits of virtualization. To truly get the most out of your virtualized data center you need to deploy a high performance SAN.
In this session, a number of connectivity options will be discussed, including 10Gb/s Ethernet NAS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel and FCoE. These will enable your data center to maximize performance, uptime and scalability, and ultimately ensure best-in-class service, while aligning your data center for strategic flexibility and cloud-based computing.
- Industry Trends and Connectivity Protocols
- Standards and Operational Challenges Driving Convergence
- SAN Connectivity Options for Virtualized Server Environments
- Use Cases for Different Connectivity Options
- When to Use 10Gb/s Ethernet-based Connectivity for Virtualization
- When to Use 8Gb/s Fibre Channel Connectivity for Virtualization
- Connectivity Management and Tuning Tricks (NPIV, Queue Depth)
Click here for more details or to attend a VMUG event.