* * * MEDIA ALERT * * *
Emulex 8Gb/s HBAs Awarded the 2009 Storage Magazine Editor’s Choice Award
LONDON, 16 June 2009 –
- Emulex Corporation (NYSE:ELX) today announced that its family of LightPulse® 8Gb/s Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) were awarded the 2009 Editor’s Choice by The Storage Awards – Storries VI.
- The Storage Awards recognise outstanding products and services in the storage industry by asking readers of Storage Magazine and the general public to vote for winners.
- Emulex was presented with this award at a ceremony on 11 June 2009 for the enterprise scalability, maximum SAN performance and superior quality and reliability of its LPe12000 Fibre Channel HBAs.
- Brian Wall, editor of Storage, said: “What impressed me most about the Emulex LPe12000 Fibre Channel HBA was how user-friendly and streamlined they are when it comes to installation and management. They also offer genuine scalability and virtualisation support, so they are an excellent solution for a very wide range of business needs. All in all, they deliver impressive performance across many applications and environments.”
- Emulex HBAs draw from eight generations of advanced, field-proven technologies to deliver a distinctive set of benefits that are relied upon by the world's largest enterprises.
Manager, Public Relations
Emulex is the leader in converged networking solutions for the data center. Our Connectivity Continuum architecture provides intelligent networking services that transition today’s infrastructure into tomorrow’s unified network ecosystem. Emulex provides a single framework that intelligently connects every server, network and storage device within the data center. Through strategic collaboration and integrated partner solutions, Emulex provides its customers with industry leading business value, operational flexibility and strategic advantage. Emulex is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:ELX) and has corporate headquarters in Costa Mesa, California. News releases and other information about Emulex Corporation are available at www.emulex.com.
Emulex Safe Harbor Statement
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: With the exception of historical information, the statements set forth above include forward-looking statements that involve risk and uncertainties. The company wishes to caution readers that a number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Those factors include the effect of Broadcom’s unsolicited tender offer to acquire all of Emulex’s outstanding common stock; the related consent solicitation of Broadcom and any related litigation on the company’s business; changes in economic conditions or changes in end user demand for technology solutions; Emulex’s dependence on a limited number of customers and the effects of the loss of, or decrease or delays in orders by, any such customers, or the failure of such customers to make payments; the rapidly changing nature of technology, evolving industry standards and frequent introductions of new products and enhancements by competitors; the effect of rapid migration of customers towards newer, lower cost product platforms; slower than expected growth of the storage networking market or the failure of the company’s Original Equipment Manufacturer (“OEM”) customers to successfully incorporate Emulex products into their systems; delays in product development; the highly competitive nature of the markets for Emulex’s products; Emulex’s ability to gain market acceptance for its products; any inadequacy of the company’s intellectual property protection or the potential for third-party claims of infringement; the company’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; and the company’s reliance on third-party suppliers. These and other factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are also discussed in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its recent filings on Forms 8-K, 10-K and 10-Q. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.