- OneCommand Vision: An intelligent I/O management application enabling greater infrastructure reliability and performance in data center environments
- OneCommand™ Manager for VMware vCenter: (OCM for VMware) enables comprehensive control of Emulex connectivity solutions from VMware’s vCenter management console
- OneCommand Manager: Provides centralized management of HBAs and 10GbE adapters provided by Emulex for local and remote servers.
- OneCommand Manager enables secure, centralized discovery, monitoring, reporting, and administration of Fibre Channel and Ethernet adapters on local and remote hosts. Powerful automation capabilities facilitate remote driver parameter, firmware and boot code upgrades.
- Management functions can be performed with the graphical user interface (GUI) and the scriptable Command Line Interface (CLI). With in-band and out-of-band HBA management, Emulex provides data center administrators with the greatest level of management flexibility.
- Role-based management secures adapter administration on remote servers with privileges based on Light Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Active Directory (AD) group memberships.
- Universal Multi-Channel (UMC) management allows four NIC functions to be created for each physical port on 10GbE adapters. Adapters that support network storage will have one NIC function replaced with an FCoE or iSCSI function. Ideally suited for virtual server deployments, bandwidth can be allocated for high-demand virtual machines (VMs), cluster support, VM migration and system management.
- Automated installation and configuration of driver and management tools simplifies deployment of multiple adapters for Windows environments. A single installation of drivers and management utilities eliminates multiple reboots and ensures that each component is installed correctly and adapters are ready to use.
- Universal Boot allows the appropriate boot environment to be automatically selected for the server. Online Boot from SAN setup can be used to preconfigures servers to simplify deployments and reduce system management time
- Environmental monitoring helps to optimize SAN availability. Detailed real-time event logging and tracing enables quick diagnosis of SAN problems. Beaconing can be used to flash adapter LEDs, simplifying adapter identification within server racks.
- Management instrumentation complies with Open Management Standards, such as SMI-S and common HBA API support, enabling seamless upward integration into enterprise storage and server management solutions.