The LP9802 PCI-X host bus adapter offers a highly integrated 2Gbs Fibre Channel HBA for use in servers based on either PCI or the latest PCI-X expansion bus. The LP9802 delivers exceptional performance through the use of an Emulex Pegasus ASIC, a 266MIPs onboard processor, an embedded 1Gig/2Gig SERDES, and a high performance unified QDR SRAM. The LP9802 features automatic topology detection and automatic topology detection and automatic speed negotiation capability. These capabilities allow complete compatibility with existing 1Gb/s Fibre Channel SANs, while allowing seamless upgrades to higher speed 2Gb/s SANs.
The features of this PCI-X based HBA provide the flexibility and broad interoperability needed for complex, highly scalable SANs. The LP9802 provides a combination of features, including fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections, full-duplex data transfers, high data integrity features, support for all Fibre Channel topologies, and support for service classes 2 and 3.
The LP9802 also features sophisticated hardware that provides superior performance in SANs and provides best in class server CPU offload. This exclusive hardware delivers low latency and high throughput in fabric, arbitrated loop and clustered environments. Support for fiber optic cabling is provided through an embedded small form factor (LC) optical interface.
Features and Benefits
- Full duplex 2Gb/s Fibre Channel delivering up to 400MB/s
- Automatic speed negotiation
- Automatic topology detection
- Full fabric support using F_Port and FL_port connections
- Onboard hardware context cache for superior fabric performance
- Support for multiple concurrent protocols (SCSI and IP)
- Full support for both FC service class 2 and 3
- Full fabric boot support in x86 and SPARC environments to multiple LUNs
- Support for FC-Tape (FCP-2) devices
- 66/100/133 MHz PCI-X 1.0a and PCI 2.2 compatibility
- End-to-end parity protection for high data integrity
- Buffered data architecture to support over 50km cabling at full 2Gb/s bandwidth
- Robust suite of software supporting Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows NT, HP-UX, Linux, NetWare and Solaris
- Optical small form factor (LC) interface