- ANSI Fibre Channel: FC-BB-5 (draft), FC-PH-3, FC-PI-2, FC-FS, FC-AL-2, FC-GS-4, FC-FLA, FC-SP, FC-PLDA, FC-TAPE and FCP-2
- PCI Express base spec 1.1
- PCI Express card electromechanical spec 1.1
- Fibre Channel class 3
- PHP hot plug-hot swap
- EEE 802.3-2005 10Gb/s Ethernet, 802.1Q, 802.1P, 802.3ad (via NIC drivers), 802.3X flow control
- Enhanced Ethernet (draft): Lossless Ethernet MAC using Priority Flow Control, Automatic link configuration using Data Center Bridging Capabilities eXchange Protocol
- Single-channel (LP21000)
- Integrated data buffer and code space memory
Comprehensive OS Support
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Suse Linux, Red Hat Linux, Solaris
- x86, x64 processor family
- SFP+ direct-attached 10Gb/s Copper: 1, 3 or 5 meters
- Data rates: auto-detected
- Optics: 10GBASE-SR short wave lasers with LC type connector
- Optical Cable:
|Fiber Type||Minimum modal bandwidth @ 850 nm (MHz x km)||Operating range (meters)|
|62.5 μm MMF||160||2 to 26|
|200 (OM1)||2 to 33|
|50 μm MMF||400||2 to 66|
|500 (OM2)||2 to 82|
|2000 (OM3)||2 to 300|
- Standard form factor card
- 111.15mm x 231.14mm (4.376" x 9")
- Standard bracket
Power and Environmental Requirements
- Volts: +3.3
- Operating temperature: 0° to 55°C (32° to 131°F)
- Airflow required: 150 lf/m
- Storage temperature: -40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Class 1 Laser Product per DHHS 21CFR (J) and EN60825-1
- UL recognized to UL 60950-1
- CUR recognized to CSA22.2, No. 60950-1-03
- TUV certified to EN60950-1
- FCC rules, Part 15, Class A
- ICES-003, Class A
- EMC Directive 2004/108/EEC (CE Mark)
- EN55022, Class A
- Australian EMC Framework (C-Tick Mark)
- AS/NZS CISPR22, Class A
- VCCI, Class A
- MIC (Korea), Class A
- BSMI (Taiwan), Class A
- RoHS Compliant (Directive 2002/95/EC) for environmental requirements
- Single-channel, optical SFP+ Interface
- Single-channel, copper SPF+ Interface
(3M cable included)
- Single-channel, copper SPF+ Interface
Ethernet Controller Features
- Load balancing and failover support including adapter fault tolerance (AFT), switch fault tolerance (SFT), adaptive load balancing (ALB), teaming support and IEEE 802.3ad
- IEEE 802.3 2005* flow control support
- IPv6, IPv4 Tx/Rx IP, TCP, and UDP checksum offloading
- TCP segmentation/large send offload
- MSI-X supports multiple independent queues
- Interrupt moderation
Enhanced Ethernet Features
- Lossless Ethernet MAC using Priority Flow Control
- Automatic link configuration using Data Center Bridging Capabilities eXchange Protocol
- Emulex LightPulse technology features frame-level multiplexing and out-of-order frame reassembly for maximum link utilization.
- End-to-end data protection with hardware parity, CRC, ECC and other advanced error checking and correcting ensure that data is safe from corruption.
- Detailed real-time event logging and tracing enables quick diagnosis of SAN problems. Universal Boot capability allows the appropriate boot environment to be automatically selected for any given OS.
- Strong authentication between host and fabric is based on the Fibre Channel Security Protocol (FC-SP) Diffie-Helmann Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (DHCHAP).
- Emulex feature-rich management capabilities simplify and speed deployment and device management, while reducing administration costs and protecting IT investments.
- Centralized discovery, monitoring, reporting and management of both local and remote adapters from a secure remote client. With in-depth management capabilities including remote firmware and boot code upgrades, beaconing, statistics and advanced diagnostics. An extensive CLI is available for scripting.
- Simplified installation and configuration of drivers and management capabilities for multiple adapters on Windows servers. A single installation of drivers and applications eliminates multiple reboots and ensures that each component is installed correctly and the CNA is ready to use.
- Rapid deployment and migration of virtual machines with SAN-attached storage in a Microsoft Virtual Server and Hyper-V environment leveraging NPIV-based Virtual HBA technology.
- Emulex management capabilities are based on open management standards. SMI-S and common HBA API support enable seamless upward integration into enterprise storage and server management solutions.