We’ve just released a new whitepaper detailing the high-performance of Emulex LightPulse 8Gb Fibre Channel (8GFC) dual- and quad-channel adapters, and the results? Blazing-fast! With so many data centers running out of ways to perk up their performance, Emulex LightPulse 8GFC adapters offer a sure bet. With Emulex 8GFC Host Bus Adapters (HBAs), you can get 400,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS) on the dual-channel HBA and over 650,000 IOPS on the quad-channel HBA!
Applications, such as online transaction processing, database applications and server virtualization, have the highest need for data throughput. Dual-channel and quad-channel performance is important as a dominant configuration, with many blade servers standardizing on multi-channel HBAs which also meet virtualization requirements (ports/virtual machine ratios) and deliver high availability.
Emulex LightPulse 8GFC dual-channel and quad-channel HBAs significantly outperform the nearest competitor, as shown in our latest performance whitepaper based on Emulex Labs testing. Some of the findings include the following:
- Emulex LPe12002 dual-channel 8FC HBAs offer the highest performance for critical business applications over the QLogic QLE2562:
- 127% better second channel scalability as measured in IOPS
- 37% greater total IOPS when saturating both channels
- 33% more effective CPU utilization
- 15% greater transaction performance
- 115MB/s more throughput
- Emulex LPe12004 quad-channel 8GFC HBAs offer the highest performance for critical business applications over the QLogic QLE2564:
- 58% greater total IOPS when using four channels
- 20% more effective CPU utilization
- 33% more throughput on read/write operations
It’s no wonder Emulex scored a 96% approval rating for product performance in 2011 (Emulex Labs customer survey) and was selected to power the #1 fastest database system in TPC-C testing (TPC-C Benchmark reports, December 2010). Download our whitepaper to discover what Emulex LightPulse 8GFC dual- and quad-channel HBAs can do for you.