I would first like to say how proud of and grateful to the whole Emulex team I am this year. Our walk to the $500 million revenue milestone has been one of focus, dedication and perseverance. Every business has its set of challenges and Emulex has had more than its share, some externally induced, some market induced and some the natural result of driving technology innovation. The road we walked this year has had a few more twists and turns than expected, but our team never relented and that is why it ended in a record revenue year. During fiscal year (FY) 2012 we:
- Delivered $500M for the first time in our corporate history
- Achieved 11% Y:Y Growth
- Saw 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) reach 25% of revenue in FY Q4
- Doubled our design wins at the Intel (Romley) transition
- Overcame mother nature in Japan and Thailand
- Beat QLogic to market in 16Gb Fibre Channel (16GFC)
- Attacked the target market with 16FC and multi-fabric design wins
- Expanded into the High Performance Networking (HPN) market
- Realized our first software revenue for OneCommand Vision
- Advanced our strategic agenda
This list of accomplishments in FY12 could go on and on, but as I look back at this fiscal year, I hear a line from The Proclaimers song “500 Miles” that goes “…but I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more…” It does a great job of capturing exacting what FY 2013 holds for us. We have a long way to go on this strategic road, and another year of good work ahead of us. Having a great year and strong revenue results is but one step on the road, the next steps have to position us for future growth and leadership. This is why I am so pleased that the engineering team is doing a great job executing and is meaningfully advancing our strategic agenda to position our business for Romley, cloud, big data, 16GFC, 40GbE with RDMA, High Performance Computing (HPC) and other key technology markets in FY 2013.
Our strategic investments are vital to keeping Emulex relevant in the market and to drive growth in the future. Business, like many things in life, is not a destination; it is an ongoing journey that requires our entire team to keep moving in the right direction every day. I know our team is ready to walk 500 more miles…for our customers and our investors in FY 2013.